Surrey Eagles - Athletic Therapist
The Surrey Eagles are looking for an Athletic Therapist/Equipment Manager for the 2014-2015 season.
The athletic therapist/ equipment manager will be responsible for player injuries, sicknesses and general trainer and equipment manager duties. You must have a strong work ethic, strong communication skills, work well individually and as part of the team. You must be flexible with hours and have a good understanding of the hockey environment. Some of the specific duties included in this position:
- Working with Team Doctors
- Injury assessment, rehabilitation, and prevention
- Communication of injuries to coaches and doctors
- Documentation of injury treatment reports and prepare Hockey Canada and BCHL insurance claims
- Assist with in-season workouts
- Dressing Room Maintenance
- Pre and post game warm up and cool down
- Pre practice and pre game taping and wrapping
- Skate Sharpening
- Ordering of team equipment/sticks/ and medical supplies
- Maintain inventory , maintenance and control all of equipment/sticks/team jerseys and medical supplies
- All team laundry
- Game preparation
- Packing for Road trips
- Arranging team arrival with visiting teams trainer
- Maintain professional relationship with players
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate must be certified through CATA, and have strong communication skills. A minimum of an advanced certificate in an Athletic Therapist program, with a degree in Phys Ed, Sport Science, Kinesiology, or relevant degree. Hockey Canada trainer’s course and Speak Out are required for this position.
Please send resume and cover letter by email with desired salary expectations - SURREY EAGLES EMAIL
Salmon Arm SilverBacks
(send resume, cover letter and salary expectations to the general manager - EMAIL)
To uphold and embrace the Philosophies, Objectives and Guiding Principles of the Salmon Arm Silverbacks Hockey Club and the BCHL.
To utilize and possess strong communication skills, it is essential that the Head Trainer and Equipment Manager understand the hockey environment and is able to handle the challenges it brings to the day-to-day work atmosphere.
This position requires strong time management, organizational, and communicational skills combined with a willingness to work flexible hours based on pre-season preparation, training camp, exhibition games, 58 game regular season schedule (home and away) and play-offs. The Silverback staff, share responsibilities and work together to ensure Hockey Operational tasks are completed efficiently and professionally.
The Trainer and Equipment Manager Position is a role within the organization that is responsible for
(However not limited to):
- Injury response, treatment, follow up, referrals, sicknesses, and general trainer duties.
- Injury rehabilitation & prevention, physical fitness preparation and nutritional guidelines/monitoring
- Working with team doctor, dentist and medical support & rehab staff
- Injury and associated documentation and reporting
- Communicating all injuries and sickness to coaches and management
- Maintaining, distribution, and documenting of medical/equipment supplies and budgets.
- Dressing Room, equipment, bench maintenance and management; including skate sharpening, laundry, and equipment repair and maintenance
- Involvement in the community, team building and socials events
- Game day dressing room preparation and set up
- Assisting with team off-ice workouts and strength and conditioning
- Ordering and inventory of equipment and supplies
- Packing and preparation for road trips
- Comply to all Hockey Canada, BCHL, and BC Hockey rules and regulations
- Overall Safety and Risk Management for Hockey Operations including Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
- At a minimum the Head Trainer and Equipment Manager must have Hockey Canada’s Safety Person (HCSP) certification, Sports First Responder certificate (or equivalent)
Successful applicant must be a team-first person